Rules and Appeals
Pony Measuring Information on Rules and Appeals can be viewed in the online Rule Book
(Please Read Carefully as some rules may have been amended)
Pony measuring fees for 2016 are €20 or £20 in the Ulster Region for SJI members. Fee for non members is €25 or £25.
All Pony Owners intending to have their pony measured must present their ponies in a bridle. No children under 16 years allowed to lead ponies for safety reasons.
Please note the following conditions for measuring appeals/downsizing confirmations at the Veterinary College Hospital
- Fee €250, payable to the SJAI in advance - a refund of €125 will be made if there is a successful outcome
- Appeals/downsizing confirmations must be made within one week (5 working days) of measuring - outside of this timeframe a request will need to be submitted to the National Pony Committee to attend the Veterinary College
- No refund if appointment cancelled
- Ensure shoes have been removed
- Pony’s passport to be available
- All ponies will have a blood sample taken for testing
- Should the animal be considered unfit for measurement assessment by the Veterinary Surgeon, the procedure will be abandoned and the animal cannot be presented at a later date, either at an SJAI measuring venue or at the University Veterinary Hospital in the same calendar year
- On arrival, the animal will be given to a handler from the Veterinary Hospital who will have total control of the animal until it is returned to the owner/agent
- The owner/agent will not be present during the measuring
- The passport will be stamped denoting 'over' the height if the animal does not measure in or with the height if it does. The SJI officials in attendance will advise the owner accordingly.
- A disclaimer must be signed by the owner/agent before the animal is accepted for measuring. The owner/agent must agree that the Veterinary College and the SJAI will not have any responsibility for any mishap at the measuring
- The UVH is located in the grounds of University College Dublin.